Friday, April 27, 2012

Unbelievable Eze

Tuesday, April 14

We left Saint Jean Cap Ferrat and continued on down the coast towards a place that I've wanted to see for a long time.  Eze.  It is a medieval town perched high, high above the Mediterranean.  As I looked up at it, I was not sure I could make it up there (you have to park way at the bottom)......but I was determined.  The small, extremely steep,  twisting streets....if you could call them streets...more like alleys...were so narrow you could literally touch both sides if you spread your arms.  Once inside the town....and this is not an exaggeration, anywhere your eye rested, was another unique photo opportunity.  Again, I took too many pictures to post on this blog.  But....a cannot hold back....here is Eze....


                       The entrance to the town....


One of several hotels and restaurants.....very expensive, as you can imagine.  It must be nearly impossible to get your supplies, employees, food, etc., in and out of here every day....not to mention your guests.


Another one.........a FIVE star facility.  I looked at their menu.  One drink was around 35 Euros. There are several more pictures of this place farther down this posting.  The Chateau of the Goat of Gold











                            My handsome cousin and his beautiful wife....















6 comments:

  1. You're looking so relaxed and comfortable in this environment. What an amazing set of pictures. Spectacular! I SO want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! Great pictures of you and your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite place so far! great pictures of you, Mo. what a wonderful trip you are having

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dear Maureen I love your blog so ,so much...It takes me away....I remember my own trip so long ago as you discover so many
    amazing views and places...Don't you just love the digital camera...and Oh! the yellow buildings of the other posting!!! Is it the yellow ocher from Provence? I hope this blog floats in the cloud for ever! Dreamy my friend!!!!
    Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of things...
    I want to go to there! It looks truly amazing! You are looking fantastic, those are some great pictures of you. I love love love your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember it well...not Eze but many of the other spots. It looks like all of you have been having such a wonderful time together. Kraig and Jane are the most wonderful hosts in the world. What magical beautiful places to visit...xxx Kristin

    ReplyDelete