Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Louvre

Monday, April 16, 2012

I finally made it to the Louvre.


Everything they say about the crowds is so true.  I probably could have chosen a different day or a different time to go and it might have been less crowded....but there I was.  So I decided that, rather than try to see the Mona Lisa and some of the other famous pieces that everyone else wanted to see too.....instead, I'd enjoy the museum for whatever I came across that looked interesting.  Mostly that turned out to be the ceilings, walls and floors.  I did love the Greek and Roman sculpture and only took a picture of one painting.  Not that I did not see many many beautiful painting....I just didn't want the stress of taking a picture of them.

Here are a couple of pieces, which I did want to see, but could not get close enough to really see them well. I tried to get a picture anyway.  I had to hold my camera up over my head...there was a sea of people in front of me.



See this river of people, well way, way down at the end is the Mona Lisa.....I didn't even bother....


Here are things that I really enjoyed.....I hope you do to.....






                                                   The Floor.  Looks like a good quilt pattern....


Remember, this was not built as a museum....it is where  kings lived...(one of many places).  How would you like to lay in bed in the morning and look up at this ceiling?  

No comments:

Post a Comment