Sunday, April 1, 2012

Buddha Bar

On Thursday 3/29, I went with Nancy, the tour director for the tour that I was hanging out with....to the famous Buddah Bar.  Wow!  What a place.  It's like no where I've ever seen.   So opulent. The ambiance is one of a kind...dim, warm....amber...sensuous....exotic.....dare I say.... "throbbing"....

The throbbing is actually from the music.  It's very sensual, but much like Sound Scapes....benign...but in this case with a heavy bass undertone that is very soothing, and relaxing (not like a hip-hop bass).  Not quite like anything I've heard before.  They have a CD....I might get one.

Here is a picture of the main area.   Huge chandeliers, massive proportions to everything.  There is a mezzanine bar all around the upper perimeter of the main area...this pictures is taken from that mezzanine perspective.

Oh, and the food is pretty good.   I'm sure the drinks are fantastic.  They look pretty exotic....although I didn't try one.

What a trip!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this bar before. What an ambiance . . .

    ReplyDelete