Friday, April 27, 2012

Beautiful Nice....Cote d'Azure

Monday April 23

I flew to Nice, from Orly Airport.  It was a gray, wet day in Paris.  I really looked forward to some warm, sunny weather in the South of France.  My cousin Kraig met me at the airport in Nice and we took the bus into Nice.  There it was....the Mediterranean.  So many colors of blue and turquoise....and white caps....lots and lots of white caps.



We got off the bus to walk along the seafront promenade and it was so windy you could hardly stand.....and not warm...sunny....but not warm.   My cousin said that in the years that they had been coming to Nice, he'd never seen it quite so windy.  But we braved it anyway and then left the promenade to go into the old town part of the city.

Nice is such a different color from Paris.  Paris buildings and monuments, though magnificent, are mostly gray.  Nice was yellow!  A lovely, soft, buttery yellow.  Not everything was yellow, but it was all soft, warm colors.  The architecture is totally different from Paris.








Those are the yellow buildings.  Here are some others too.  I know...buildings....but they are beautiful, aren't they?



 Even though the wind was blowing, the sky was blue, the sea was blue, it was warm out of the wind....and I was so happy to be with family.   That evening we had a lovely dinner at a charming restaurant and I finally had the fist and seafood that I had been craving.

 

2 comments:

  1. I am loving following your holiday. How great to have spent some time with Kraig and Jane. Wish I could join you. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much the architecture reminds me of old Lisbon. A similar climate perhaps? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete