Monday, May 21, 2012

Le Train Bleu

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gare de Lyon, the railway station in East Paris, was built as part of the building program for the 1900 Paris Exposition, just like the Grand and the Petit Palais.  The entire station is of the Belle Epoque style, but the most striking and dramatic example of that period is the dining rooms of the restaurant, Le Train Blue, inside the station.

I would have loved to eat dinner there, but it's far too expensive for my budget.  I did, however, along with my friend from Portland, have a salad and a glass of wine.  Here are some of the pictures I was able to get. The restaurant is on a mezzanine level, so these first two pictures are from the ground floor, looking up at the door and the sign.





The first two photos, I took, followed by some from Google Images.....












No comments:

Post a Comment