Monday, May 21, 2012

Jardin des Plantes & Jardin du Luxembourg

Sunday May 13, 2012

After Mouffetard, we went to Jardin des Plantes.  A very large formal garden near the Natural History Museum.  A lot of the flowers looked like they will open soon.........  Some were in bloom....



     Those weird trees, finally getting some leaves.............


This is the entrance to the greenhouse.  Did not go in, but could see there were very large tropical trees and a very moist, jungle-like climate inside.


After this garden, it was off for a second go at Jardin du Luxembourg.  I had been there back in March or April and loved it.  I posted many pictures.  But at that time, the big pond was closed off.  I knew that they had sailboard rentals.....small boats that the kids push out into the pond with sticks and watch the wind take  them away.   I said I'd go back...........









1 comment: